Mona, Tasmania's Museum of Old and New Art, is on the lookout for a part-time Payroll Administrator to join the team. Reporting to the People and Culture Manager, the Payroll Administrator will take on the responsibility of processing the payroll for Mona and its associated entities.
- Perform end-to-end processing of the weekly payroll for Mona and it's associated entities.
- Work closely with managers and supervisors to query timesheet discrepancies and seek clarification.
- Work closely with members of the People & Culture team to ensure accurate onboarding information for new staff members and to ensure employee terminations are processed correctly.
- Respond to employee wage queries and perform basic problem-solving to correct any discrepancies.
- Research and understand multiple modern Awards, applying them where appropriate and responding to employee queries.
- Provide People & Culture team members with accurate monthly reporting in a format that can be distributed more broadly.
- Perform end of month reporting tasks, including wage reporting to appropriate external stakeholders, as meet internal requirements by working with Finance team members.
- When time permits, assist People & Culture team members by performing system maintenance activities.
- Prior experience in a payroll processing position is essential, with an understanding of the KeyPay payroll system being highly advantageous.
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to remain efficient and productive when working on multiple tasks.
- The ability to work autonomously, be honest and operate with high levels of discretion.
- An effective communicator, to enable both the gathering of required information and the effective handover of information to team members who may be required to perform follow-up tasks.
- A strong attention to detail to identify wage discrepancies and data entry errors.
- The ability to quickly learn in a diverse work environment.
- Available to work Tuesday and Wednesday on a weekly basis.
Does this sound like you? Then we’d love to get to know you. Let’s talk. Please submit your application, addressing why you're a great fit for the role, at https://mona.net.au/connect/employment.
Applications close Wednesday, 28 March 2018.