Berriedale and Coal River Valley
Berriedale and Coal River Valley, Tasmania
You've probably heard the news that Moorilla has recently purchased Domaine A, and because of this, we're on the lookout for an experienced Cellar Supervisor to provide guidance and leadership in all cellar and bottling operations at both sites. In this role you'll supervise a small team of cellar hands, so we're ideally looking for someone who is confident with delegating tasks and who is capable of providing learning opportunities where suitable. You're also going to be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and presentation of the cellar, as well ensuring the equipment is kept in working order, so you'll need to be hands on and willing to take on a broad range of tasks.
- Supervise a small team of cellar hands in performing a range of duties throughout the year, such as additions, rackings, transfers, filtrations and all aspects of barrel management and maintenance.
- Support the winemaker by supervising and performing fruit delivery and processing procedures during the vintage.
- Work closely with the winemaker to aide in the fermentation process.
- Provide regular feedback to the winemaker and ensure that winery operations are occurring in line with the production schedule.
- Take responsibility for winery and equipment hygiene standards, ensuring standards are maintained for both wine quality parameters and visitation within the winery.
- Take a lead role in all aspects of bottling, tirage, disgorging and packaging work and provide supervision and learning opportunities to junior employees.
- Liaise regularly with Mona's maintenance team to remedy equipment faults and develop a regular maintenance schedule that ensures equipment remains safe and operational.
- Remain aware of health and safety hazards and be a champion for promoting workplace procedures that minimise risk to personal, colleague and contractor health and safety.
- Provide assistance in the performing of basic laboratory as required.
- Share your knowledge and skills with your colleagues to seek efficiencies and make process improvements where possible.
- High levels of experience achieved through working a similar role across a number of vintages, coupled with a passion for high quality and cool climate wine.
- Experience setting up, maintaining and working with bottling and packaging lines, preferably experience with disgorging
- Experience in staff supervision is desirable
- A team player, with excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- A flexible approach to work with an understanding of both the requirements in and out vintage to keep within and maintain a production schedule
- Strong multi-tasking and efficiency seeking aptitude
- An understanding of workplace health and safety and a willingness to promote safe working practices
- Enjoy working with and maintaining machinery and equipment
- Hold a current Australian forklift and drivers licence
Does this sound like you? Let's talk. Please submit your application (specifically addressing why you're a great fit for this role) at https://mona.net.au/connect/employment.
Applications close 9am Monday 27 August.