Health Safety & Wellbeing Consultant
Health Safety & Wellbeing Consultant
As a member of Mona's Work Health & Safety team, you will be working across a wide range of industries (we're talking hospitality, wine and beer production, festivals, museum technicians, support services etc) in a dynamic environment. You will be educating staff to prevent illness and injury, effectively manage injuries when they occur and workers compensation matters with the goal of rapid return to work. We’re seeking a confident advisor who’s skilled at training, has expert health and safety knowledge and is credible in influencing behavioural change around health and safety as a key pillar of employee engagement. This role isn’t just focused on compliance; our workplace requires staff to be change agile and resilient so we are focused on holistic staff wellbeing. We are interested in creative and meaningful strategies to maintain staff psychological health and wellness. This is a big role so you'll be supported by the Work Health & Safety Manager and the wider People & Culture team.
If you're up for the challenge and motivated to contribute to a growing organisation that spans across multiple industries, read on.
- You will develop and implement frameworks, policies, systems and processes for effective injury prevention, injury management, workers compensation, fitness for work and return to work scenarios.
- Injury prevention is a priority so you'll work with our different business units to design strategies to improve health and safety practices.
- You will consult with internal and external stakeholders to design and implement a plan to maintain mental health and wellbeing.
- As the key point of contact for injury management, you'll provide end-to-end management of all workers compensation claims, liaise with Mona's insurance provider and guide internal stakeholders in return to work and fitness for work matters.
- Draw on your networks to design, implement and manage a workplace medical panel to consult and assess injury and illness.
- You'll provide consulting and advisory services in work health and safety through performing incident investigations, creating health and safety reports (including trend identification) and providing ergonomic advice for office and manual work.
- We want you to take a lead education role as you develop and deliver engaging workshops to staff and senior management that are contemporary and specific to the environment around health, safety and wellbeing.
- You'll need to remain aware of contemporary legislative requirements and any amendments to legislation to ensure processes are compliant.
- And you'll maintain oversight of Mona's employee assistance program, ensuring accessibility for employees and service levels meet expectations.
- Return to Work and formal Work Health and Safety qualifications are essential. Additional qualifications in Personal Injury Management, Ergonomic Assessments, ICAM Lead Investigator Certification, Cert IV in Training and Assessment or tertiary Allied Health will be highly regarded.
- You have extensive experience in all aspects of Workers Compensation claims management, including expert knowledge of relevant Tasmanian legislation and Return to Work qualifications.
- You're confident and professional in delivering training courses and have the skill to facilitate meaningful workshops for small and large groups.
- You're thorough and efficient in developing and monitoring Return to Work and Injury Management plans, ensuring key stakeholders are engaged and understand individual requirements.
- You've experienced a multi-industry work environment where you've developed and implemented policies and processes to assist in the efficient administration of workplace health and wellness initiatives.
- You have exceptional communication and relationship building skills that you will apply to educate stakeholders and be empathetic when supporting employees.
- And you can work autonomously to initiate projects and achieve outcomes.
Does this sound like you? Then we'd love to get to know you. Please submit your application (specifically addressing why you're a great fit for the role) at https://mona.net.au/connect/employment.
Applications close 9am Monday 2 September.