Mona, the Museum of Old and New Art is infamous for creativity, innovation, and imagination.
While being a major player in the world of art, we also dabble (quite courageously) in running some pretty incredible food and beverage venues. We do things somewhat differently to your usual 'run of the mill' hospitality setting, which always proves to be fun, exciting, and rewarding for those who get to be part of the dynamic journey. With that in mind, we have created a new role within our kitchen team.
We are referring to it as the 'Kitchen Coordinator’, being one who is an avid organiser, who relishes at the thought of kitchen administration and procedures. Alongside this overarching ethos, the Kitchen Coordinator will also ensure organisational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety for the kitchen team, across multiple venues. They will also be involved in developing inter-kitchen communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, staff rostering and recruitment.
That’s our spiel. So what can you bring to the role?
You must be an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats (not literally, but we won't mind so much if you do). You're experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Being well organised, flexible and appreciative of administrative challenges, while supporting a diverse kitchen brigade across multiple outlets is an absolute must!
- Reporting to our Executive Chef, you will be the main contact for the kitchen regarding maintenance, rosters & timesheets, stock control, suppliers;
- Organise and schedule meetings and appointments;
- Partner with People and Culture to maintain required staffing levels, assisting with recruitment and providing orientation to new employees;
- Coordinate with the IT department on office/technology requirements;
- Preserve positive relationships with other departments, service providers and suppliers, ensuring that all invoices are checked and submitted on time;
- Manage and analyse pricing with suppliers and service providers;
- Establish and build kitchen administration services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organised, correspondence is controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored (see - this is where your true love of admin comes in to play!)
- Maintain and develop kitchen food safety and WHS policies by assessing procedures and standards to guide kitchen operations;
- Coordinate administration of recipe management database
- Kitchen experience - you've gotta have it!
- Strong IT skills - inherent requirement for any admin whiz;
- Experience in staff rostering, leave and timesheet management;
- Experience in administration, processing invoices, and ordering systems;
- An understanding of safe work practices with a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment;
- Financial acumen, with great attention to detail;
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills;
- Passionate about quality produce and food hygiene
- Personable, professional, positive and progressive
As we mentioned, this is a new, unique role which we are proud to announce. If you are looking for a kitchen role with a twist of admin, this is the one for you! Apply now!