Senior Media Coordinator
Senior Media Coordinator
Reporting to Mona’s Director, Corporate Affairs and Public Relations, the Senior Media Coordinator is responsible for generating local, national and international media coverage for Mona’s wildly diverse mix of brands, businesses and offshoots.
- Develop and execute proactive, commercially-driven publicity plans for the museum (Tasmanian game-changer and largest of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere), exhibitions (world-class), Mona Foma music and arts festival (eternally eclectic and winner of multiple awards), Moorilla Winery (our winemaking is bold and free), The Source Restaurant (top Tasmanian dining), Moo Brew (deliberately unconventional beers), our publishing department (yes, we do books too) and a packed events calendar spanning avant-garde music, markets, food and various other “only at Mona” special projects.
- Generate creative ideas for your earned media campaigns (targeting both cultural and commercial audiences) in concert with Mona's award-winning Marketing team.
- Manage campaign delivery including media calls, interviews, photo opportunities, shoots, briefings and preparation of all media materials.
- Identify, develop and maintain strategic relationships with key media.
- Key point of contact for on-site filming and media activity at the museum.
- Oversee media reporting, working closely with the Media Coordinator to ensure optimal service delivery.
- Work closely with the Director, Corporate Affairs and Public Relations on major projects, launches or announcements spanning exhibitions, infrastructure developments, crisis communication and issues management, as required.
- Member of Mona on-call media roster.
- Ultimately, you must be creative. We’re looking for someone who has fantastic ideas, great writing skills and a keen sense of humour (with a penchant for the absurd).
- You’ll be a dynamic operator, a specialist working with digital media outlets and have an excellent track record in developing and delivering a range of creative and commercially successful campaigns on a range of budgets.
- You’re an excellent project manager, with a proven ability to meet deadlines under challenging and/or changing conditions and a capacity to do so within a multi-functional organisation.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are outstanding. As is your attention to detail, and your capacity to develop professional, trusted relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Experience delivering commercial outcomes (via earned media) for a variety of brands in the consumer goods sector is desirable.
Does this sound like you? Then we’d love to get to know you. Please submit your application (specifically addressing why you're a great fit for this role) at https://mona.net.au/connect/employment
Applications close 9am Tuesday 15 October.