Assistant Accountant / Analyst
Hobart CBD, Tasmania
Mona is an exciting, challenging and diverse group that operates with dynamism across a range of sectors including arts, events, music, hospitality, tourism, the wine industry and technology.
We're seeking a strong and dynamic Accountant / Analyst to support Mona's senior finance team. Reporting to the Company Accountant, your expertise will see you contribute to the financial reporting, analysis and reporting for the company, providing the organisation with opportunities to make well-informed commercial decisions.
We need someone with fresh eyes and great ideas, if that’s you, keep reading!
- Produce financial reports meeting business deadlines
- Identify financial status by comparing and analysing actual results against plans and forecasts.
- Work collaboratively with the finance team and internal stakeholders to analyse business performance and strategy, providing recommendations and highlighting trends
- Analyse and reconcile bank and other balance sheet accounts, comparing and correcting data - accuracy is paramount!
- Data mining - you must be comfortable with large amounts of data
- Proactively seeking out opportunities for experimentation, identifying ways to improve processes and efficiency.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Recently CPA/CA qualified (or working towards)
- Self-motivated, driving for results
- Always striving for continuous improvement of processes, demonstrating initiative in all aspects of work
- High attention to detail, focused on accuracy and analytics
- Strong financial acumen and insight
- Exceptional time management, ensuring deadlines are always met
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to present data in a way that supports recommendations and decision making for the business
If you're interested in this unique opportunity, apply now! Applications close Thursday 10th October, 5pm.