Technical Coordinator - MONA FOMA
Mona Foma thrives on reinvention and we are compelled to do that big time in January 2021. In the midst of a pandemic, we are now reimagining Mona Foma all over again - think great Tasmanian artists, unusual venues, and irrepressible creativity. We are looking to recruit an experienced, organised, and supportive Technical Coordinator to join our festival team for the planning and delivery stages of Mona Foma 2021.
As the Technical Coordinator, you will support the Technical Director in the scoping and delivery of the festival program, managing the planning and implementation of technical production aspects of the Festival.
- Coordinate and implement technical production requirements of festival projects and events;
- Research, review, and provide detailed technical production advice and solutions to relevant festival personnel in respect of events, venues, logistics, and other production processes and costs;
- Support the development of accurate technical plans and specifications;
- Monitor and coordinate all budget areas and expenditure controls related to technical production and wage forecasting;
- Develop and maintain the production schedule of events in conjunction with relevant festival teams;
- Assist with recruitment and supervision of technical production staff and contractors;
- Assist the Senior Production Manager and Technical Director to source, allocate and coordinate production and logistical resourcing required for site infrastructure and services;
- Allocate and manage production and logistical resources, infrastructure, and services, including lighting, staging, audio & AV transmission.
- Liaise with contractors, suppliers, venues, arts companies, producers, festivals, and artists.
- Previous technical production experience working with arts presentations, events, and/or festivals;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to articulate technical information and recommendations to a variety of audiences;
- Competent in multi-tasking and coordinating a range of complex and diverse projects simultaneously;
- Enthusiastic and responsive when taking direction and supporting the Technical Director
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience in coordinating contractual arrangements, logistics, and supplier deals;
- Collaborative and flexible approach to problem-solving and information sharing, striving to continuously improve;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to a range of stakeholders and clients;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite and database programs;
This role is a fixed-term full-time role, commencing on or around September 2020 until February 2021.