Production Coordinator - MONA FOMA
Mona Foma thrives on reinvention and we are compelled to do that big time in January 2021. In the midst of a pandemic, we are now reimagining Mona Foma all over again - think great Tasmanian artists, unusual venues, and irrepressible creativity. In doing so, we are looking to appoint an organised, personable, and forward-thinking Production Coordinator to join our festival team for the planning and delivery stages of Mona Foma 2021.
As the Production Coordinator, you will support the Senior Production Manager in the scoping, and delivery stages of the festival program as well as coordinating the planning and implementation of the festival program.
- Coordinate and implement production and site requirements of festival projects and events;
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of event collateral including management plans, permit applications, site plans, signage, and safety and risk plans;
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule all necessary production and technical support services, personnel, and facilities;
- Support the Senior Production Manager to source, allocate and coordinate production and logistical resourcing required for site infrastructure and services;
- Ensure the review and development of accurate site plans;
- Liaise with stakeholders, clients, artists, and suppliers regarding logistics, receivables, and delivery scheduling;
- Input and maintain festival databases and schedules, producing reports from data;
- Establish and follow accurate festival project budgets;
- Assist with recruitment and support the production staff and contractors, where required;
- Previous production experience working with arts presentations, events, and/or festivals;
- Competent in multi-tasking and coordinating a range of complex and diverse projects simultaneously;
- Enthusiastic and responsive when taking direction and supporting the Senior Production Manager in deliverables;
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience in coordinating contractual arrangements, logistics, and supplier deals;
- Collaborative and flexible approach to problem-solving and information sharing, striving to continuously improve;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to a range of stakeholders and clients;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite and database programs;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This role is a fixed-term full-time role, commencing on or around September 2020 until February 2021.