Chef De Partie - Functions & Wine Bar
Mona, Tasmania’s Museum of Old and New Art, is on the hunt for new and experienced kitchen talent!
We take our food pretty seriously here. From fine dining in The Source Restaurant to fire walls in the Heavy Metal Kitchen. From grazing plates in the Wine Bar to house-baked croissants in the Cafe. From bespoke fare in Functions, to our latest fancy restaurant "Faro". We focus on high-quality local produce, contemporary and (mostly) uncomplicated cuisines that consistently exceed the expectations of our guests.
With this in mind, we are in need of two exceptional and experienced Chef de Parties to complete our Wine Bar and Functions & Events teams.
- Work with the Sous Chef, Head Chef and Executive Chef to ensure food standards are maintained to meet guest expectations
- Demonstrate preparation and cooking techniques, monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Ensure appropriate stock rotation, monitor stock levels and assist with food costing and control
- Follow and demonstrate established guidelines for food safety
- Assist and guide new staff in aspects of kitchen presentation and operations, including maintenance, mise en place and service.
- Demonstrate respect for Work Health & Safety procedures
- Completed trade certificate in cookery.
- Significant experience in a commercial cookery environment, with experience in a high-volume functions environment being highly regarded
- Experience in kitchen operations of a similar size to Mona.
- A passion for food and a willingness to express creativity in cooking
- Ability to adapt to a regularly changing environment and maintain high standards when under pressure
- An understanding of safe work practices with a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment
Our quality, high-end venues deserve quality, high-end staff. If you’ve got the experience, drive and attention-to-detail we need, then apply now below!
Applications close Monday 19 March, however applications will be processed as they are received, so send your details through asap!