Did you know that Mona, The Museum of Old and New Art, is not only a museum?
Amongst our repertoire of other dabbled ventures such as our world-class winery and luxurious accommodation offering, we are also home to a series of exceptional hospitality venues, one of which is in need of an enthusiastic, hard-working and experienced Cafe Manager!
Our Cafe venue is one of our busiest venues and is one of the first points of contact for our visitors. We need your skills and experience to help shape our museum guests' first impressions, providing sustenance and caffeine before they disembark on their journey to the underground gallery.
- Provide and drive high levels of customer service in a warm and engaging manner
- Organise rosters, ensuring adequate staffing levels
- Promote a positive and safe workplace, following and exhibiting safe work practices
- Provide guidance, support and training to Cafe staff, leading by example to achieve team goals
- Perform beginning and end of day procedures, such as cash reconciliation and operational set-up and pack-down
- Maintain appropriate supply levels, order stock and control inventory accurately
- Identify ways to improve and maintain operating efficiencies, while ensuring exceptional service standards
- Daytime hours only - no evenings!
- 2-3 years Hospitality experience in a supervisory or management role
- Prior experience completing and managing rosters against operational budgets
- Well developed time management skills with an ability to demonstrate strong leadership and support to staff under pressure
- Coffee / barista skills are a must, and a background in a fast-paced cafe environment is highly desirable
- Passionate about food and beverage and motivated to deliver outstanding customer service
- Must hold a valid, current RSA
- Available to work a flexible roster, including weekends and public holidays