Full time, fixed-term position – Maternity Leave Cover (10 months)
Hobart CBD, Tasmania
At Mona, The Museum of Old and New Art, operating an underground museum doesn't come easy. Some may even say it's a bit of a challenge. We are looking for someone who likes a challenge, thrives on diversity and relishes in the unusual. After all, we are Mona.
Our unique collective operates with dynamism across a range of sectors including arts, events, music, hospitality, tourism, the wine industry and technology. Within the organisation we have our finance team, who are paramount to the successful operations of Mona. We are seeking an experienced, confident and professional Management Accountant to join us in supporting Mona's cultural and commercial functions.
Reporting to the CFO, your expertise and knowledge will see you accountable for the efficient and accurate management of all things financial including but not limited to; monthly reporting, budgeting, financial control and accounting.
- Perform and lead month-end accounting processes and cycles including the management of reconciliations and journals
- Preparation of monthly management reports, tracking financial performance against budgets and providing commentary on analysis and variances to internal stakeholders
- Completing tax-related activity statements with accuracy and efficiency
- Preparing annual budgets, working closely with key leaders and groups within the business
- Provide structured financial support and guidance to internal stakeholders
- Day-to-day management of the finance team, providing support and guidance
- Strong focus on continuous improvement in processes and practice
- Significant experience in a similar role, preferably in a multi-sectored, diverse organisation (5+ years at a senior level)
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting/forecasting, reporting and analysis
- CPA/CA qualified
- Ability to communicate financial data to a variety of stakeholders, providing recommendations and explanations in an effective and informative manner
- Proactive, positive approach to all tasks
- Agile and flexible work ethic, ensuring priorities are set and deadlines are met
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills and confidence with accounting systems and methods
- Impeccable attention to detail accompanied with solid analytical skills
- Resilient and adaptive, with the ability to work in a diverse and fluid environment
This is a fixed-term full-time role commencing in January for an approximate period of 10 months (maternity leave cover).
If you are interested in expanding your financial horizons, gaining a unique experience and believe you are up for the challenge, apply now!
Applications close Monday 25th November at 9am.