Senior Digital Engineer
Senior Digital Engineer
This is an exciting role for an engineer with creative flair who wants to get involved in a diverse range of development work. We want someone who is motivated to be involved in all aspects of Mona’s digital requirements; who approaches the role with excellent problem-solving skills; who pays close attention to detail; and who exercises initiative to help further Mona’s commercial and creative digital goals. If you understand and are passionate about digital architectures, platforms and database technologies; if you’re quick to pick up emerging technologies; and if you love working collaboratively as part of a dynamic team, then this is the role for you. In collaboration with the digital manager, you will help lead the technical development and enhancement of the digital presence for all of Mona’s business units and subsidiary brands.
No one day is the same at Mona. So, if you're into cultural experiences, music festivals, launching rogue airlines, helping develop the world’s weirdest caravan park, building a $250m six-star hotel, optimising the digital infrastructure for about 40 creatively driven brands (we even have a record label), and making the Museum of Old and New Art as innovative in the digital space as it is in the art space, then this might be the lifestyle change you are looking for.
The job’s based in Hobart, so disregard if you hate Hobart. But if you love Hobart, scallop pies and no traffic, then this is probably starting to sound like a dream job, right? We think so too. Keep reading for all the juicy details and if you keep nodding away with excitement then let’s chat!
- As part of the digital team, help manage the full cycle of digital development, including planning, design, architecture, testing, implementation and maintenance of digital applications and websites.
- Integrate and manage adjacent platforms and technologies to support various stakeholders with e-commerce system and report building requirements; implementation of complex online ticketing requirements; and other business requirements as they arise.
- Design, create and maintain REST APIs to communicate with a variety of backend and third-party systems.
- Develop test cases for thorough cross-browser testing and performance analyses, and setup monitoring and alerting infrastructure.
- Take a technical leadership role in the direction and planning of delivery and operations in collaboration with the digital manager and Aegres, Mona’s IT provider.
- Collaborate with Aegres to guide the management of scalable computing systems and software architecture for Mona.
- Provide technical mentoring, collaboration, advocacy and knowledge sharing to the digital team.
- Create and maintain a high level of front and backend documentation.
- Stay up-to-date with new and emerging web and internet technologies.
- Support the Digital Manager with strategic digital requirements.
- Research and advise on the latest front-end technologies to achieve innovative and creative digital design concepts, while maintaining the best UI and UX practices.
- Collaborate with creatives and designers to turn creative concepts into digital realities.
- Assist the digital team with the rollout of digital marketing campaigns, including HTML email campaigns.
- Industry experience as a full stack developer and minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional skills in any of the following technologies: HTML5, CSS3, .NET, PHP and REST API development.
- Ability to write and debug complex MSSQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with database and server management (IIS preferred).
- A good understanding of AWS foundational knowledge and associated technologies and services.
- A working understanding of DNS and content delivery networks.
- Expert in GIT version control.
- Strong skills in SEO-friendly development, and UI and UX design and development principles.
- A strong understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new development environments.
- A good understanding of digital marketing tools (Google Analytics, SEO, Google Tag Manager).
- Ability to take initiative and develop solutions to problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate with technical and non-technical staff to get the best result.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks thoroughly while working towards multiple deadlines and managing your own time.
- Experience with Contentful (or similar open-source CMS), Umbraco and Wordpress preferred.
- Experience with Tessitura is extremely beneficial, and Magento and/or Shopify experience is also advantageous.
Does this sound like you? Then we'd love to get to know you. Please submit your application (specifically addressing why you're a great fit for the role) at https://mona.net.au/connect/employment.
Applications close 31 January 2019.