Functions and Events Manager
Mona is a place that delivers events like no other. We're not your typical run of the mill functions space. Our event scope is vast. You could be organising a bespoke, individual affair, a sommelier conference, an internal meeting, or a wedding, party, celebration...the list goes on.
This exciting opportunity for a Functions and Events Manager awaits an agile and experienced individual to lead the Functions and Events Team. This role will see you working amongst Mona's multitude of unique and diverse venues and it will be you who is responsible for the coordination, management, and execution of the function and event experience. You will need strong leadership skills to guide and support your team and effective collaboration skills to work alongside the diverse industries that operate within our elaborate operation.
A true functions and events buff would relish at this opportunity to further develop their career in such a rare and extraordinary space. This is who we are looking for to step up and step in!
- Lead, motivate, mentor and support the Functions team
- Plan and coordinate with the broader Mona team to deliver unique and diverse, multi-venue events.
- Develop and advocate efficient and effective operating procedures, adhering to WHS alongside high standards of service
- Identify and build client, internal and industry relationships
- On the ground delivery of events (as required)
- Host familiarisations, media and VIP clients in conjunction with other business units
- Maintain equipment inventories and work with the logistics team to ensure adequate resources and equipment are available
- Work closely with the Finance team in relation to financial matters including forecasting, reporting, invoicing, purchases and discounts
- Significant management experience in a similar multi-venue hospitality/functions & events role (minimum 3 years)
- Dynamic, confident and experience in developing, managing, coordinating and driving a team to achieve successful delivery of events
- Ability to support and lead by example; motivating & driving a positive culture
- Impeccable communication skills to interact and collaborate with a wide range of business units, customers, clients and providers
- Acknowledge the importance of customer service & guest experience, with the ability to deliver a variety of event styles and briefs with a consistent, professional approach
- Financial aptitude and strong experience with sales of functions and events
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations, exuding a calm approach
- Effective use of functions management software (Event Pro and H&L preferred).
- Prior experience with floor planning software (desirable)
Are you excited by the chance to take on this incredible position and rewarding challenge?
Do you have the experience, skills, and aptitude to excel in this position? If so, we look forward to talking with you!
We are keen to appoint this position as soon as possible so if you are interested, please apply now!
Applications close Friday 17th January 2020.