Sous Chef - Functions
Sous Chef - Functions
The Sous Chef - Functions role oversees and supports the successful preparation, production, and operation of our functions kitchen. This role is directly responsible for producing and delivering high-quality food and menus for Mona's functions and events in conjunction with the wider functions team. This role is also responsible for supervising the kitchen team including qualified chefs, cooks, and kitchen attendants. You'll play an integral part in creating a positive team environment where staff feel supported and have a chance to develop and learn. Working in a dynamic environment you'll need to be agile and adaptive in your approach and always focused on providing our guests with the most memorable, high-quality functions experience.
- Work with the Head Chef – Functions and Executive Chef to lead the functions team and ensure the highest food standards are maintained to exceed guest expectations;
- Supervise and support kitchen operations and teams;
- General food preparation, production, service and delivery;
- Assist in inducting new employees, playing an active role in providing leadership to all kitchen staff and developing skills where possible;
- Monitor and report on operational targets regarding food costs, wage costs and other expenses;
- Provide recommendations and recipes for menu design and development that align with our food ethos;
- Understand and respect Work Health & Safety procedures, championing WHS procedures in all areas of work;
- Organising and managing general administration including stock control, ordering, supplier liaison and stakeholder consultation;
- Available and willing to assist with other ad-hoc function and kitchen requests as required, including offsite events and festivals.
- Significant experience in a high-volume function environment, preferably in a similar hospitality setting;
- Agile in producing food for a wide-ranging audience including but not limited to; canapé, grazing, sit-down, formal, casual, weddings, corporate, festivals and artistic events
- Confident and experienced in leading kitchen teams with proven people management;
- Positive and productive attitude; with a mentality that 'everything and anything is possible';
- Previous experience in providing opportunities and programs for staff development and learning;
- An immense passion for food, striving to experiment and express creativity in cooking;
- Ability to adapt to a regularly changing environment and maintain high standards when under pressure
- An understanding of safe work practices with a commitment to keep colleagues accountable in maintaining a safe work environment;
- Trade qualified;
- Competent in information technology and online ordering platforms;
- Available to work a flexible roster, including regular weekends, evenings and public holidays.
Applications close at 5pm Thursday 8 April 2021.