Moorilla/Domaine A - Vintage Cellar Hand 2022
Berriedale & Coal River Valley
The growing season is coming! Moorilla Estate and Domaine A Vineyards are beginning to prepare for another busy vintage. That means starting the hunt for a team of experienced, hard-working, and challenge-loving Cellar Hands who are ready to get down and dirty onsite at Moorilla (Berriedale) and Domaine A in the Coal River Valley. The successful troop will work with the Winemaker and be involved with all aspects of vintage from fruit delivery and processing right through to tirage, along with maintaining winery hygiene, presentation, and upkeep of our cellars.
- Under direction, perform fruit delivery and processing procedures
- Assist with sparkling, white, and red wine fermentation management
- Carry out all cellar operations including additions, rackings, transfers, and filtration
- Assist with lab work (fruit maturity testing etc)
- Barrel management
- Preparation of wines for bottling and tirage
- Bottling and tirage line work
- Assist with regular maintenance and cleaning of equipment
- Maintaining cellar cleanliness and presentation to a high standard
- Position available between late February until the end of Vintage (approximately May/June)
- Experience in a similar role achieved through a number of vintages coupled with a passion for high quality and cool climate wine
- Graduate of a university winemaking program (preferable)
- A team player, with excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to show initiative, work unsupervised and multi-task
- A flexible approach to work with an understanding of the work requirements in vintage (some longer days required at times)
- Experience working with bottling and packaging lines
- Physically able – the ability to plunge lots of red ferments, safely carry hoses, lift crates/boxes, move barriques, puncheons, etc
- An understanding of workplace health and safety and a willingness to practice and promote
- Enjoy working with and maintaining machinery and equipment
- Hold a current Australian forklift and drivers license
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Have you got what it takes? Let’s talk. Submit your CV and cover letter below.
Applications close on 28 September at 5 pm.