Program Manager - Mona Foma
Full-time, Fixed-term (until March 2023)
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to work with our brilliant team to create and deliver the Museum of Old and New Art’s Festival of Music and Art (Mona Foma) in February 2023.
The Program Manager reports to the Associate Director and works closely with the Artistic Director to shape and build the festival program. It is responsible for project scoping, artist negotiations, and contracting. It also collaborates with the section Producers, the Head of Festival Delivery, and production team to bring the program to life, with tasks including coordination of travel arrangements, artist schedules, and other administrative responsibilities, as well as project management of delegated program areas.
- Drive the planning and development of the festival program in conjunction with the Artistic Director and Associate Director.
- Research, scope, and assess the feasibility of prospective festival projects, developing budgets and briefs for signoff by the Artistic Director.
- Negotiate terms with prospective artists and companies, and management of the artist contracting process.
- Day-to-day management of the program budget, in consultation with the Associate Director.
- Manage and administer venue bookings.
- Work collaboratively with Mona stakeholders to inform the finalisation of the festival program.
- Ensure that all programming information is accurate and collated promptly for the production of marketing and publicity materials, including but not limited to credit and presentation lines, dates, venues, times, ticket categories, and prices.
- Source artist marketing materials and collaborate with the festival marketing team to develop program marketing including website, copy approval administration, and general promotions.
- Project manage assigned areas of the festival program from confirmation to event delivery.
- In collaboration with the Program Administrator, manage a wide scope of program administration tasks including (but not limited to); booking and administering of flights, accommodation, ground transport, entertainment visas, artist itineraries, and payment schedules.
- Prepare and manage data including data entry, scheduling, and reporting procedures (pre and post-event).
- Liaise and work collaboratively with all MONA departments and staff members to carry out the role and ensure open and clear communication channels are maintained for sharing information across all departments.
- Brief and collaborate with the production team in relation to the production and technical requirements of festival artists, including reviewing and signing off of technical and hospitality riders.
- Be an active member of the Mona Foma team and assist with the implementation of plans and objectives in line with the Event’s overall vision and artistic goals.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by conducting regular assessments of processes and incorporating learning into development plans.
- Experience in program management of arts presentations spanning music, visual art, theatre, and dance.
- Confident in general project management, including setting and meeting deadlines and budgets.
- An ability to simultaneously manage numerous complex and diverse projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of developing productive relationships with stakeholders, contractors, artists, companies, venues, and arts industry partners.
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience in negotiating contractual arrangements.
- Strong attention to detail, particularly when scheduling and booking travel, accommodation, and other hospitality requirements
- Collaborative and flexible approach to problem-solving and information sharing.
- High-level competence in Word, Excel, and database programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Sound like you? Apply now!