Mona - Museum of Old and New Art
The Museum of Old & New Art (Mona) is on the lookout for a dynamic publicist to take a lead role in the coordination of media for Mona’s next major exhibition, as well as upcoming events, projects and announcements.
The successful launch of Mona’s next major exhibition, via the delivery of a comprehensive media campaign, will be the primary focus of this role.
- 6 month, fixed-term contract
- To start, you’ll work closely with the Media and Public Relations Manager and the curatorial team to ensure the media plan is aligned with Mona’s broader strategic objectives.
- You'll hit the ground running, developing and delivering a comprehensive campaign across mainstream, tourism and cultural media outlets, both in Tasmania and across the country.
- You’ll identify and develop the most effective media moments for the exhibition’s launch. You’ll be responsible for writing media materials and pitching interviews. You’ll coordinate media calls and relevant footage and image opportunities throughout the duration of the campaign.
- You’ll coordinate the Visiting Journalist Program, where you’ll exercise your exceptional organisation and stakeholder management skills. You’ll liaise with relevant external agencies, develop itineraries, manage logistics, write interview briefs, coordinate interview schedules and manage the budget.
- You’ll be collaborative and opportunistic in your approach. You’ll identify areas for integration and coordinate shared media opportunities with Dark Mofo.
- You'll work with Mona’s international arts PR agency day to day, ensuring delivery is on track and integrated with the Australian publicity program.
- Near the conclusion of your contract, you’ll collate a comprehensive media report.
- You’ll exercise your creativity and draw on your diverse experience when coordinating media for music events, special projects and product releases.
- You’ll work with the social media team to develop content, in line with publicity efforts for the above.
- You’ll support the Media and Public Relations Manager on strategic projects and other campaigns, as required.
- You’ll assist the social media team with content creation, servicing and monitoring at peak times, as required.
- You’ll foster relationships with key stakeholders and ensure your media efforts are integrated with those across the social media, marketing, curatorial and sponsorship functions.
- You have appropriate tertiary qualifications and significant, relevant, experience working with a variety of cultural and commercial brands.
- You’re a media specialist with a proven track record delivering successful commercial and cultural campaigns in a multi-functional organisation or agency environment.
- You love (and have significant experience in) developing a good story, creating engaging content and adapting it to a range of media and social media platforms.
- You have meticulous organisation skills, are an excellent end-to-end project manager and work well in a fast-changing, high-pressure environment.
- You’re savvy, strategic and thrive working with a range of creative stakeholders.
- Your verbal and written communication skills are impeccable, as is your attention to detail and the professional approach you take to all aspects of your work.
- You may have experience working in a range of communication functions, which we’d be keen to hear about too.
Does this sound like you? Then we’d love to get to know you. Let’s talk. Please apply via https://mona.net.au/connect/employment
Applications close Sunday 19 March 2017.