Mona - Berriedale
Mona, Tasmania’s Museum of Old and New Art, is on the hunt for a Commercial Cleaner to work at Mona, and our other unique venues throughout Hobart. As a member of the Facilities and Assets team, you will work as part of a small cleaning team providing cleaning services, ensuring high levels of hygiene, presentation, and ultimately contributing to the overall visitor experience.
You and the team will continue to focus on safety while completing assigned tasks and assist the Cleaning Coordinator by providing advice on stock levels, equipment maintenance, chemical use, and storage. This is a hands-on cleaning role and you need to be available on weekends, with shifts available Thursday to Monday.
- Complete assigned cleaning tasks (such as vacuuming, mopping, amenities cleaning, rubbish removal etc) in accordance with the cleaning plan at Mona and related sites, ensuring cleaning services are of a high standard.
- Develop and maintain relationships across clusters, with contractors and team members.
- Contribute to planning and scheduling services, consumables and equipment for functions and events as required.
- Work as a team in promoting best practice in all cleaning activities.
- Monitor and support the Cleaning Coordinator with maintaining an inventory of uniforms, PPE, cleaning equipment and other stock as required (including spares).
- Ensure chemicals are stored, used, and labelled in accordance with legislative requirements
- Focus on and comply with Work Health and Safety requirements.
- Prior experience in commercial cleaning, or similar is essential
- Sound communication skills to facilitate effective team work and appropriate communications with customers and guests, when required.
- Ability to self motivate and work autonomously with a positive attitude
- Physically fit and capable of performing a labour intensive role for an extended period of time (a pre-employment medical will be part of the recruitment process)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work including early starts or late finishes, weekends and public holidays
- Current driver's license essential
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! Applications close Tuesday 26 September at 9am.