Faro - Sous Chef
Mona, the Museum of Old and New Art is many things. Exploratory. Overwhelming. Interesting. Puzzling. An enigma.
We also take our food pretty seriously. We focus on high-quality local produce, contemporary, and (mostly) uncomplicated cuisines that consistently exceed the expectations of our guests across a multitude of venues. With this in mind, we are in need of an exceptional and experienced Sous Chef to join our Faro kitchen team in Berriedale.
In this venue, there is a particular focus on diverse and multicultural cuisines, which generally align with the exhibition and museum program. To deliver this role - a wide knowledge base, creativity and adaptability are integral, as you will be assisting the Faro team in designing and delivering a wide range of food experiences.
You will work with regularly changing menus that highlight fresh, local produce while demonstrating leadership and delivering an outstanding dining experience for all our guests, so experience in working with high quality produce is ideal. You'll also be looking to continually improve your knowledge and try new things, whilst mentoring the team around you.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative, and unique work environment that demands precision, we'd love to hear from you.
- Work with the Head Chef and Executive Chef to create individual and exceptional culinary experiences for all guests
- Demonstrate a range of cooking techniques, monitoring the quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Confident in organising and executing a diverse scope of events and functions
- Lead and motivate staff in all aspects of kitchen operations and presentation
- Managing and supporting your teams, including training and coaching
- Stock management and control
- Kitchen presentation and asset management
- Lead and demonstrate respect for food safety guidelines and Work Health & Safety procedures
- Flexible with your availability to work over a 7-day rotating roster, including evenings, weekends, and public holidays
- Significant leadership experience in a commercial cookery environment
- Proven Sous Chef experience in kitchen operations of a similar size and style to Mona
- A passion for food and a willingness to express creativity in cooking
- Exhibited pride in your profession as well as confidence in supporting and teaching others
- Ability to adapt to a regularly changing environment and maintain high standards when under pressure
- An understanding of safe work practices with a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment
- Completed trade certificate in cookery
Are you looking for a challenge, or to widen your chef horizons? Being a part of this incredible food and art experience may be perfect for you. Apply now! Applications will be processed as they are received.